The Intersection of Portability and Blended Families: No Man’s Land?
Like it or not, portability is here to stay. Blended families constitute the largest segment of the U.S. population and have for ten years. But portability poses some charged emotional issues and real cause for liability concerns for the stepfamily. In their exclusive LISI Webinar, Ed Morrow and Paul Hood will take you through the use of portability in the blended or dysfunctional family. Here's a look at just some of the issues Ed and Paul will review in their content-packed webinar:
- When not to use portability.
- Who is responsible for filing the portability Form 706.
- How to navigate the shoals of the emotional rollercoaster around portability.
- Review of state law jurisprudence around portability, including the Vose case.
- How pre-nuptial agreements should work with portability.
- The risks of portability for the beneficiaries of the QTIP trust in certain situations.
- Who is to prepare and pay for the preparation of the Form 706.
- Use of the DSUE amount during the surviving spouse’s overlife.
- The impact of the Sower case out of the Tax Court.
- And much more!!!
There will be no CE for this webinar
For those who have a conflict with the date/time, The session will be recorded. Simply register and you will have unlimited access to the recording.
Although they are scheduled for a particular time and date - once purchased - they can be viewed at ANY TIME!.
If you are not a LISI member please use the Buy Now Button below to pay the non-member price of $149.
After you pay you will be sent a link with the registration information. Your webinar registration is designed for one individual user and groups up to 5 individuals. Sharing beyond this is not permitted. If you are interested in group access to our webinar content, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
NOTE: To pay using a credit card, use the botton labeled
"Pay with Debit or Credit Card" after clicking the Buy Now button below.
If you are a LISI member, please login below to receive the member price of $129 for this webinar.