MANAGING CAPITAL GAINS IN 2020 AND BEYOND
Regardless who wins the election capital gains planning will remain one of the most important skill sets for both CPAs and financial advisors. If President Trump wins the election it is very likely that capital gain rates will remain roughly the same. However, if former Vice President Biden wins the election he has promised to increase the capital gain rate from 20% to 39.6% for those individuals earning over $1 million. In the short term, if the Democrats take the White House and the Senate, there will be substantial planning between the election results and the end of the year.
In this class Mr. Keebler will review the following:
- The use of charitable remainder trusts to defer and eliminate capital gains
- The use of § 453 installment sales to reduce capital gains and how to elect out of installment sale treatment to accelerate gains into 2020
- The Math of recognizing capital gains in 2020
- Grantor charitable lead trusts to decrease capital gains
- Direct charitable gifts to reduce capital gains
- Opportunity zones to more effectively manage capital gains
- Integrating loss harvesting in an overall capital gains strategy
- Using 1031 exchanges to ease capital gains
- The use of collars, variable forward sales and options to better manage capital gains
- IRC § 1259 “choking” collar to trigger capital gains in 2020 or defer to a future date
- “Short against the box” strategies to choose between recognizing gains in 2020 or 2021
There will be no CE for this webinar
For those who have a conflict with the date/time, The session will be recorded. Simply register and you will have unlimited access to the recording.
Although they are scheduled for a particular time and date - once purchased - they can be viewed at ANY TIME!.
If you are not a LISI member please use the Buy Now Button below to pay the non-member price of $149.
After you pay you will be sent a link with the registration information. Your webinar registration is designed for one individual user and groups up to 5 individuals. Sharing beyond this is not permitted. If you are interested in group access to our webinar content, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
NOTE: To pay using a credit card, use the botton labeled
"Pay with Debit or Credit Card" after clicking the Buy Now button below.
If you are a LISI member, please login below to receive the member price of $129 for this webinar.