Understanding New Section 199A - A Case Study Approach : Plus Q&A - Click to Listen to Bob's description
Understanding New Section 199A – A Case Study Approach
Understanding and planning with the new Section 199A 20% pass-through business deduction is one of the largest opportunities in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. This webinar will explore the mathematics of the deduction with an iterative case-study approach. The cases based upon actual client situations will address:
- Using pension and profit sharing plans to reduce income to the threshold limitation for a dental client
- Using S-Corps to meet the wage test for an engineering firm
- Spinning out practice real estate for a law firm client
- Spinning out non-service business interests to a separate C-Corp or LLC for a medical practice
- Application of the W-2 Wage limitation for various entities
- Application of the Qualified Property limitation and how to avoid the threshold test(s)
- Understanding the Service Business limitation and how to reduce income
- Understanding when to do cost segregation studies and when not to do cost segregation studies
- Planning to reduce taxable income to increase the 199A deduction
- Planning on an entity-by-entity basis and recapitalization and entity mergers using a 50+ LLC real estate investor
- Reducing debt on an entity-by entity basis for a 50+ LLC real estate investor
- Using nongrantor incomplete gift trusts to shift income and receive a step-up at death for a 90 year old real estate client
- The relationship between debt and QBI and how to enhance the 199A
- Accelerating expensing and cost segregation versus the 199A deduction for a real estate client
- Creating nongrantor completed gift trusts to avoid the 50% W-2 Wage and 2.5% Qualified Property tests for a real estate investor
- Creating nongrantor incomplete gift trusts to avoid the 50% W-2 Wage and 2.5% Qualified Property tests for a real estate investor
There will be no CE for this webinar
For those who have a conflict with the date/time, The session will be recorded. Simply register and you will have unlimited access to the recording.
Although they are scheduled for a particular time and date - once purchased - they can be viewed at ANY TIME!.
If you are not a LISI member please use the Buy Now Button below to pay the non-member price of $149.
After you pay you will be sent a link with the registration information. Your webinar registration is designed for one individual user and groups up to 5 individuals. Sharing beyond this is not permitted. If you are interested in group access to our webinar content, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
NOTE: To pay using a credit card, use the botton labeled
"Pay with Debit or Credit Card" after clicking the Buy Now button below.
If you are a LISI member, please login below to receive the member price of $129 for this webinar.