Utilizing GST Rules to Maximum Advantage for Your Clients -Basic GST allocations to “inclusion ratios” to novel and powerful strategies
Are You Utilizing the GST Rules to Maximum Advantage for Your Clients?
With the current, high estate tax exemption, many practitioners believe “generation skipping” tax planning (keeping inherited assets out of the taxable estates of children) is no longer needed for most clients, just for very large estates.
However, the estate tax exemption could be frozen or even reduced after the 2020 election. Even if this doesn’t happen, many married couples will likely underutilize the “generation skipping tax” (“GST”) exemption because it isn’t subject to portability. And keep in mind that inherited estates may grow during a child’s lifetime because, even in moderate-sized parental estates, trusts are often being set up for children, e.g., asset protection, divorce, blood-line distribution control or income tax reasons.
The reality is, because of changes in the tax code, GST planning is appropriate in lots of estates when it wouldn’t have been not too long ago. But, this raises an important question: are you up to speed on the complicated GST rules and can you properly apply them?
Join Bob Keebler in his exclusive LISI Webinar where he will teach you how to utilize the GST rules to maximum advantage for your clients. Here are just a few of the topics Bob will cover in his content-packed webinar:
· Who are “skip persons” versus “non-skip persons”
· What are “direct skips” versus “indirect skips”
· The difference between the annual GST exclusion and life GST exemption amounts?
· The automatic allocation rules?
· When do you allocate the lifetime GST exemption amount to “indirect skips”?
· How does late allocation of the lifetime GST exemption amount work?
· How do you calculate the “inclusion ratio”?
· How to split trusts into GST and non-GST shares via “qualified severance”?
Also, how to use the following techniques to maximize the benefits to your clients:
· “IDGTs” - - How to use installment sales to leverage the GST exemption?
· SPLIT DOLLAR - - How to use split dollar to even further leverage the GST exemption?
· PREMIUM FINANCING - - Use bank premium financing to leverage life insurance policies in GST exempt trusts?
· “HEET” TRUSTS - - How to use non-exempt trusts to pay for the health and education of skip-persons?
· SALES BETWEEN NONEXEMPT AND EXEMPT TRUSTS - - How to use sales of assets between client trusts to reduce the GST?
· TAX EXCLUSIVE GIFTING - - How paying gift and GST tax can result in a lower rate than paying estate and GST tax or two layers of estate tax?
· GENERATION JUMPING - - How jumping over a generation of skip-persons can be very effective planning?
· PARTNERSHIP FREEZES NOT SUBJECT TO THE GST RULES - - How to draft partnerships to shift wealth free of GST?
There will be no CE for this webinar
For those who have a conflict with the date/time, The session will be recorded. Simply register and you will have unlimited access to the recording.
Although they are scheduled for a particular time and date - once purchased - they can be viewed at ANY TIME!.
If you are not a LISI member please use the Buy Now Button below to pay the non-member price of $149*. *plus applicable sales tax (if any)
After you pay you will be sent a link with the registration information. Your webinar registration is designed for one individual user and groups up to 5 individuals. Sharing beyond this is not permitted. If you are interested in group access to our webinar content, please send an email to email@example.com
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: To pay using a credit card, use the botton labeled
"Pay with Debit or Credit Card" after clicking the Buy Now button below.
If you are a LISI member, please login below to receive the member price of $129* for this webinar. *plus applicable sales tax (if any)