Planning in the Heart or Wake of Corona Virus for Wealthy Families - Turning Lemons into Lemonade or Gold An Exclusive Webinar for Advisors Who Care
The COVID-19 crisis provides a perfect storm for dynamic and valuable tax, financial and estate planning situations for affluent families and their business and investment entities. Historically low interest rates, high mortality risks for older clients, and the possibility of taking substantial discounts with respect to the value of privately held businesses and real estate will allow for dramatically effective estate tax planning for our best clients. In addition, assets placed into properly structured trusts that can alleviate estate tax concerns, if and when the estate tax exemption is reduced to one-half of its value in 2026, or before then, make perfect sense now, especially for families who have leveraged situations that could possibly turn negative if a rough recession follows the virus freeze.
This 60-minute presentation will provide planners with conversation points, charts, planning ideas and established strategies, which include the following:
1. Making LLCs and other entities more bullet-proof from possible IRS challenges, and best positioned for basis step up on death.
2. Establishing or further funding trusts which can escape estate taxation, and have advantages for creditor protection planning, while being reversible if desired.
3. A review of the installment sale to a defective grantor trust, what interest rates can be used, and how to avoid Section 2036(a) and other possible challenges.
4. How self-canceling installment notes, private annuities and the SCGRAT can work for a wealthy individual with health challenges to avoids tens of millions of dollars of estate tax.
5. How to counsel a client whose company or professional practice may be insolvent.
6. Income tax planning for individuals who will have lower income in 2020, including using Section 678 Trusts and pension planning to have income taxed to lower bracket tax payers and to obtain deductions under Section 199A.
7. Using non qualified retirement plan vehicles as a possible solutions for businesses that receive PPP funding that must be spent on allowable costs within 8 weeks of the receipt of loan proceeds in order to be forgiven.
8. Creditor protection planning just in case.
9. Special considerations for the owners of successful professional practices.
10. And much more.
There will be no CE for this webinar
For those who have a conflict with the date/time, The session will be recorded. Simply register and you will have unlimited access to the recording.
Although they are scheduled for a particular time and date - once purchased - they can be viewed at ANY TIME!.
If you are not a LISI member please use the Buy Now Button below to pay the non-member price of $149.
After you pay you will be sent a link with the registration information. Your webinar registration is designed for one individual user and groups up to 5 individuals. Sharing beyond this is not permitted. If you are interested in group access to our webinar content, please send an email to email@example.com
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: To pay using a credit card, use the botton labeled
"Pay with Debit or Credit Card" after clicking the Buy Now button below.
If you are a LISI member, please login below to receive the member price of $129 for this webinar.
Alan S. Gassman, J.D., LL.M., is a partner in the law firm of Gassman, Crotty & Denicolo, P.A., and practices in Clearwater, Florida. He is a frequent contributor to LISI, and has published numerous articles and books in publications such as BNA Tax & Accounting, Estate Planning, Trusts and Estates, Interactive Legal and Haddon Hall Publishing. The Alan Gassman Channel at Interactive Legal has recently opened, and features many books and resources, including many Florida and Federal based materials, forms and resources. He is also the Moderator for Bloomberg BNA's 2017 Estate Planning Webinar Series. On February 24th Alan and his partners Christopher Denicolo and Ken Crotty will present a Bloomberg BNA Webinar at 12:30 EST on Innovative Trust Planning for Uncertain Times. You can contact Alan at email@example.com for more information with respect to these programs.