The Inheritor’s Trust: The State Income Tax Savings Angle in a Kaestner and $10,000 SALT Deduction World
The Inheritor’s Trust is a special type of trust designed not only for creditor and divorce protection, but also for income tax planning. The federal estate tax exemption is now so high that very few of our clients need advanced estate tax planning. This shifts the emphasis to income tax planning, especially state income tax planning given the new $10,000 State & Local Taxes deduction limitation.
The Supreme Court's decision in Kaestner was a wake-up call for all planners who were avoiding the use of special types of non-grantor trusts to save state income tax. This opens up certain new opportunities with the Inheritor’s Trust and serves as a reminder that these opportunities are there for clients who reside in many of the states with a state income tax.
Whether you're an attorney, an accountant, a trust officer or a financial planner, it is crucial for you to attend this very important webinar. In total, you will have 90 minutes of exciting, informative discussion. Join Steve Oshins when he explains how to use the Inheritor’s Trust to save state income taxes for your clients.
In this webinar, you will:
* Learn how the Inheritor’s Trust concept works and how to explain it to a client
* Hear why you never should use a Staggered Distribution Trust
* Explore new ways to use this information to get the client's parents and grandparents to hire you too
* Be able to recognize opportunities to save state income tax
* Learn when to create out-of-state trusts
* Understand the impact of Kaestner on different state taxing statutes
* Get a step-by-step explanation of many of the key states' taxing statutes and how to use this knowledge
* Discover planning opportunities with non-grantor trusts
* Learn the difference between a Support Trust and a Discretionary Trust for creditor and divorce protection purposes
* Learn the difference between a Support Trust and a Discretionary Trust for state income tax purposes
* Explore ways to do this planning both with gifts and with inheritances
* And much more!
There will be no CE for this webinar
For those who have a conflict with the date/time, The session will be recorded. Simply register and you will have unlimited access to the recording.
Although they are scheduled for a particular time and date - once purchased - they can be viewed at ANY TIME!.
If you are not a LISI member please use the Buy Now Button below to pay the non-member price of $149.
After you pay you will be sent a link with the registration information. Your webinar registration is designed for one individual user and groups up to 5 individuals. Sharing beyond this is not permitted. If you are interested in group access to our webinar content, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
NOTE: To pay using a credit card, use the botton labeled
"Pay with Debit or Credit Card" after clicking the Buy Now button below.
If you are a LISI member, please login below to receive the member price of $129 for this webinar.