Income Tax, Estate Planning and Estate Administration Techniques That Work Well in a Volatile Market & Low Interest Rate Environment
At market close on Friday February 28, 2020, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down around 4,000 points from the February high. Moreover, oil prices moved about 12% lower and the yield on the 10-year Treasury note settled at a new low of 1.127%
These developments are important for clients seeking to protect their wealth and minimize their tax-liabilities because the effectiveness of many income tax and wealth transfer techniques are both low valuation and interest rate dependent.
Moreover, dangerous volatility complicates planning by providing opportunities and traps for the unwary.
This course will cover the following topics:
- Estate administration in a volatile market including liquidity for taxes
- Loss Harvesting for individuals, trusts and estates
- Funding and Timing Pecuniary Bequests/Gains in a Volatile Stock Market
- Roth conversions in a volatile market
- ISO & NQSO Exercise
- Unwinding NUA positions
- “De-Risking” a concentrated portfolio
- Techniques that are more effective as interest rates fall
- When to use an IDGT versus a GRAT
- Hedging GRATs with private annuities or insurance
- GRITs in today’s environment
- Why to be wary of QPRTs right now
- Private Annuities and SCINs in an ultra-low rate environment
- Why CLATs are attractive from an income tax and gift perspective
- Planning for liquidity after a recent death when the market is dangerously choppy
- How to effectively use the alternative valuation date and “estate collars”
- How to refinance existing notes
- Low interest split-dollar strategies
- Private split-dollar
- Debt financed life insurance strategies
- CRATs and CRUTs in today’s environment
- GRATs for volatile stocks
- Understanding the “Estate Collar”
- Late GST Exemption Allocation
- And more!
This will be an invaluable class for lawyers, financial planners, and CPAs advising both estates and individuals.
There will be no CE for this webinar
For those who have a conflict with the date/time, The session will be recorded. Simply register and you will have unlimited access to the recording.
Although they are scheduled for a particular time and date - once purchased - they can be viewed at ANY TIME!.
If you are not a LISI member please use the Buy Now Button below to pay the non-member price of $149*. *plus applicable sales tax (if any)
After you pay you will be sent a link with the registration information. Your webinar registration is designed for one individual user and groups up to 5 individuals. Sharing beyond this is not permitted. If you are interested in group access to our webinar content, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
NOTE: To pay using a credit card, use the botton labeled
"Pay with Debit or Credit Card" after clicking the Buy Now button below.
If you are a LISI member, please login below to receive the member price of $129* for this webinar. *plus applicable sales tax (if any)