IRAs and Pension Accounts After the SECURE Act with Charitable and Creditor Protection Planning
Charitable and Creditor Protection Planning with IRAs and Pension Accounts After the SECURE Act
Addressing various charitable and creditor protection objectives with IRA and pension account assets, while best positioning for optimal tax results.
Clients and their advisors need to understand how the changes resulting from the SECURE Act affect all aspects of a client’s estate plan. This includes assuring that the structures of IRA and pension account assets are compatible with the client’s charitable planning and creditor protection goals. The wide reaching effects of the SECURE Act cause planners to consider new approaches in order to achieve charitable tax results and provide a significant number of planning opportunities for planners who wish to make the best possible use of opportunities and resources.
This one hour presentation will address various charitable planning and creditor protection vehicles that are available with respect to IRA and pension account assets, and will also describe the advantages and disadvantages of commonly used structures for such types of assets. Attendees will receive a PowerPoint which contains numerous charts that can describe planning structures in an easy-to-communicate manner, which can be shared with clients to educate them on the provisions of the SECURE Act and possible planning alternatives. Further, attendees will receive client letters and sample language that can be used to implement one or more of the strategies discussed in the program.
Among other issues, the program will cover:
- A brief client-friendly refresher on the basics of the SECURE Act
- The advantages and disadvantages of various charitable and creditor protection
- Techniques and planning alternatives with respect to IRA and pension account assets
- Why non-tax planning objectives are equally as important (or more important) as tax planning objectives
- How charitable planning vehicles can provide exceptional financial results for charitable clients and their families
- How charitable remainder trusts, NIMCRUTs that benefit family foundations, and other organizations can save taxes and delay distributions from retirement plans
- How disclaimers can allow a beneficiary to select whether to inherit under an accumulation trust or a charitable remainder trust
- Why drafting for flexibility is very important, and how the TEA POT Trust System can help clients achieve both charitable and tax planning objectives
- And much more!
There will be no CE for this webinar
For those who have a conflict with the date/time, The session will be recorded. Simply register and you will have unlimited access to the recording.
Although they are scheduled for a particular time and date - once purchased - they can be viewed at ANY TIME!.
If you are not a LISI member please use the Buy Now Button below to pay the non-member price of $149.
After you pay you will be sent a link with the registration information. Your webinar registration is designed for one individual user and groups up to 5 individuals. Sharing beyond this is not permitted. If you are interested in group access to our webinar content, please send an email to email@example.com
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: To pay using a credit card, use the botton labeled
"Pay with Debit or Credit Card" after clicking the Buy Now button below.
If you are a LISI member, please login below to receive the member price of $129 for this webinar.