Limited Window of Opportunity - Change in Stock Basis Ordering Rules
The Senate tax reform proposal requires that taxpayers use the FIFO method, which simply means that the oldest lot must be sold or gifted first. That's the easy part; the hard part for advisors is the planning that will need to be done during a very short window of opportunity, because once the clock strikes midnight on December 31st, taxpayers will be required to use the FIFO method with limited planning options.
From now to the end of 2017, there are a number of planning techniques can better manage basis, and these should be discussed with clients in this limited window of opportunity. In his exclusive LISI webinar, Bob Keebler will review the following planning opportunities:
- Gift very low basis shares to charity or a donor advised fund, private operating foundation or private foundation
- Special considerations for NUA stock
- Special considerations for dual basis ISO shares
- Harvest all losses from multi-lot portfolio positions
- Sell high basis stock before year-end
- Gift stock to your spouse and file separately
- Gift stock to a charitable remainder trust
- Gift stock to a non-grantor charitable lead trust
- Gift stock to a partnership owned by the taxpayer and family members
- Gift stock to a non-grantor completed gift trust
Your registration will entitle you to:
1) The handout materials and
2) The ability to watch the webinar anytime.
Note:There is no CE for these webinars
There will be no CE for this webinar
For those who have a conflict with the date/time, The session will be recorded. Simply register and you will have unlimited access to the recording.
Although they are scheduled for a particular time and date - once purchased - they can be viewed at ANY TIME!.
If you are not a LISI member please use the Buy Now Button below to pay the non-member price of $129.
After you pay you will be sent a link with the registration information. Your webinar registration is designed for one individual user and groups up to 5 individuals. Sharing beyond this is not permitted. If you are interested in group access to our webinar content, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
NOTE: To pay using a credit card, use the botton labeled
"Pay with Debit or Credit Card" after clicking the Buy Now button below.
If you are a LISI member, please login below to receive the member price of $99 for this webinar.