Business Valuation: Overview of the Business Valuation Process or “The Big Picture”
This webinar is a business valuation-oriented presentation geared towards finance professionals who are not certified business appraisers. The presentation is in the form of an overview – but with sufficient depth to appeal to even those with a strong working knowledge of the valuation process and its various outputs in the form of reports.
Attendees will receive a free copy of Chapter One (42 pages) from the official Bizequity Business Valuation Institute Textbook along with other select white papers and handouts.
In his initial webinar, Scott will be covering the following topics:
- Articulate the definition of and primary reasons for obtaining a business valuation
- Review the primary business valuation certification-granting organizations
- Understand the noteworthy differences between each of the various valuation purposes, i.e. how do valuation analyses differ from one purpose to the next?
- Identify the primary types/costs/turnaround times for different business valuation engagements and reports
- Understand and differentiate between the primary measures or standards of value, premises of value and levels of value as they are commonly utilized by professional appraisers
- Recognize and understand the different levels within the “market for business control” and how the valuation environment changes across the three main segments, e.g. the size effect, asset sales versus equity sales, etc.
- Introduce the classical valuation approaches (income, market and asset/cost approach) and discover the proper rationale for determining which approaches and methods are most suitable for a given engagement
- Review and clarify the importance of “normalization adjustments” within the context of estimating fair market value
An effective business appraiser does not memorize every facet of every concept and every valuation method, but he/she does know how to locate the information needed to ensure that a given assignment is properly understood, interpreted and/or executed.
Business valuation should be looked at as a lifelong commitment, and those who invest the time needed to learn the fundamentals will be rewarded richly through improved client relationships and ultimately higher income levels.
There will be no CE for this webinar
For those who have a conflict with the date/time, The session will be recorded. Simply register and you will have unlimited access to the recording.
Although they are scheduled for a particular time and date - once purchased - they can be viewed at ANY TIME!.
If you are not a LISI member please use the Buy Now Button below to pay the non-member price of $149*. *plus applicable sales tax (if any)
After you pay you will be sent a link with the registration information. Your webinar registration is designed for one individual user and groups up to 5 individuals. Sharing beyond this is not permitted. If you are interested in group access to our webinar content, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
NOTE: To pay using a credit card, use the botton labeled
"Pay with Debit or Credit Card" after clicking the Buy Now button below.
If you are a LISI member, please login below to receive the member price of $129* for this webinar. *plus applicable sales tax (if any)