Tax Differences Between Entities
Understanding the Business Market and Sales Opportunities for Insurance Agents and Financial Planners – Episode 2 of A 3 Part Series
3 Part Series for the Price of 2
Understanding the Business Market and Sales Opportunities for Insurance Agents and Financial Planners – A Three Part Series
Financial planners and insurance agents are gravitating toward the business market more and more. With more advisors working with business owners, it is critical that you understand the differences in business entity types in order to properly advise your clients and uncover all the planning opportunities. Advisors who lack knowledge in this growing area will be left behind. It is important to understand the legal and tax differences between the various entity types to best advise clients and find sales opportunities.
Their three-part series is designed to get you quickly up to speed and will cover the following topics:
Part 2 - Tax Differences Between Entities (December 6 @ 1pm ET)
- Review C Corporation taxation under Subchapter C
- Review S Corporation Taxation under Subchapter S, including what rules under Subchapter C apply to S Corporations
- Review Partnership Taxation and highlight the flexibility provided under Subchapter K
- Discuss Limited Liability Companies and how they are taxed (partnership, corporation, or disregarded entity)
- What are the Employment Tax Considerations under each type of entity
- Life insurance payable to partnerships, C-corps, and S-corps, and how life insurance impacts S-corps accumulated adjustments account (AAA) and other adjustments account (OAA)
- Basis implementation
- A Comparison of the different taxation types
- 199A Planning Considerations impacting entity selection
There will be no CE for this webinar
For those who have a conflict with the date/time, The session will be recorded. Simply register and you will have unlimited access to the recording.
Although they are scheduled for a particular time and date - once purchased - they can be viewed at ANY TIME!.
If you are not a LISI member please use the Buy Now Button below to pay the non-member price of $149*. *plus applicable sales tax (if any)
After you pay you will be sent a link with the registration information. Your webinar registration is designed for one individual user and groups up to 5 individuals. Sharing beyond this is not permitted. If you are interested in group access to our webinar content, please send an email to email@example.com
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: To pay using a credit card, use the botton labeled
"Pay with Debit or Credit Card" after clicking the Buy Now button below.
If you are a LISI member, please login below to receive the member price of $129* for this webinar. *plus applicable sales tax (if any)
Michael Geeraerts, CPA, JD, CGMA, CLU is an advanced planning consultant at The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America. Prior to joining Guardian, Michael was a manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP and a tax consultant at KPMG LLP. Michael’s experiences range from preparing tax returns for middle market companies, auditing mutual funds’ financial statements, to researching unique tax savings strategies for various companies. Michael has written articles for numerous national publications and has delivered continuing education courses to CPAs and attorneys on a variety of estate, business, and income tax planning strategies.