Second Home Savvy
Second Home and Heirloom Property Planning: What’s the all the Fuss about for this Unique Asset? Learn what Works 90% of the Time to successfully plan for the Vacation Home, and What To Do About the Other 10%
In this exclusive LISI webinar, Tim Borchers, Esq., AEP®, ESPLS, and Chris Cahill, JD, CFP® CAP® will discuss planning for the secure future of your clients’ vacation home property. Tim and Chris debunk the myth that familial love is sufficient to keep the vacation home in the family. After explaining the challenges of co-owning a home even in the best of situations, they will present three alternative solutions that address most inherited property situations and help preserve both the property and family harmony.
Chris and Tim will cover:
- Case Studies of Successes and Failures in Property Succession
- Provisions for Sale of the Property with Options to Purchase
- Terms of an Heirloom Property Agreement
- An Heirloom Property Covenant
- Protecting the Property against the Current Owners’ Claims
- Anticipating Possible Claims against the Heirs’ Interests in the Property
- How to Fund the Property to Seal the Deal
There will be no CE for this webinar
For those who have a conflict with the date/time, The session will be recorded. Simply register and you will have unlimited access to the recording.
Although they are scheduled for a particular time and date - once purchased - they can be viewed at ANY TIME!.
If you are not a LISI member please use the Buy Now Button below to pay the non-member price of $149.
After you pay you will be sent a link with the registration information. Your webinar registration is designed for one individual user and groups up to 5 individuals. Sharing beyond this is not permitted. If you are interested in group access to our webinar content, please send an email to email@example.com
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: To pay using a credit card, use the botton labeled
"Pay with Debit or Credit Card" after clicking the Buy Now button below.
If you are a LISI member, please login below to receive the member price of $129 for this webinar.
Tim Borchers founded Borchers Trust Law in 1995. He offers expertise in next-generation “Inheritance Trusts,” total probate avoidance techniques, asset protection for elders and for professionals and others concerned about potential liabilities, and retirement trust, charitable, giving and tax planning.
He is a planner by nature, and one who enjoys thinking ahead with an individual and family concerning the care of loved ones, protection and preservation of assets and legacy, charitable giving and settling the estate with the least time, hassle and expense.
Tim earned his law degree from Boston College School of Law in 1984; his Bachelor of Arts degree from Bowdoin College was earned with summa cum laude distinction in 1980 with majors in music and economics.
He is licensed to practice law in Massachusetts and New Hampshire and is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association, WealthCounsel™, the Norfolk and Plymouth Estate Planning Council, and is a board member and officer of the Massachusetts Forum of Estate Planning Attorneys, Inc. (2008-, Pres. 2012, 2017). He participates in the activities of other bar and trade organizations such as Boston Estate Planning Council, the Real Estate Bar Association of Massachusetts, and The Exit Planning Exchange. He was recognized by the Massachusetts Bar Association as one of three recipients of its Going Green Award for innovation in greening the practice of law.
He has developed numerous trademarked programs and resources that make the estate planning and probate processes more accessible, organized, and easily maintained.
Tim and his wife, Ruth reside in Medfield, Massachusetts and have been blessed with eight beloved children, including four by adoption.