Practical Estate Planning for Digital Assets under RUFADAA
Forty-three states have enacted the Revised Uniform Fiduciary Access to Digital Assets Act promulgated by the Uniform Law Commission. The Act establishes rules and procedures by which executors, trustees, agents under powers of attorney, and court appointed guardians and conservators can obtain access to online accounts and other digital property. The widespread adoption of this law creates a new playing field for estate planners and for fiduciaries.
In this webinar, Andy DeMaio will use case studies to illustrate practical issues that face estate planners and fiduciaries who administer estates, trusts and guardianships. Topics covered will include the following:
· Overview of the Uniform Act
· The RUFADAA hierarchy – Who is entitled to access?
· Federal laws affecting electronic communications and computer access
· Incorporating digital assets into the estate plan
· Practical and ethical aspects of obtaining access to digital assets after death
There will be no CE for this webinar
For those who have a conflict with the date/time, The session will be recorded. Simply register and you will have unlimited access to the recording.
Although they are scheduled for a particular time and date - once purchased - they can be viewed at ANY TIME!.
If you are not a LISI member please use the Buy Now Button below to pay the non-member price of $129*. *plus applicable sales tax (if any)
After you pay you will be sent a link with the registration information. Your webinar registration is designed for one individual user and groups up to 5 individuals. Sharing beyond this is not permitted. If you are interested in group access to our webinar content, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
NOTE: To pay using a credit card, use the botton labeled
"Pay with Debit or Credit Card" after clicking the Buy Now button below.
If you are a LISI member, please login below to receive the member price of $99* for this webinar. *plus applicable sales tax (if any)
Andrew J. DeMaio advises clients in trust and estate planning and administration, and in litigation of related matters. He has written and lectured extensively on trusts and estates subjects and on the use of technology in the practice of law. He is an author/editor for Leimberg Information Services, a national online publication for lawyers, accountants, and other professionals.
Andrew and his wife Debby live in Holmdel. They have three sons. In his free time, he enjoys sports photography, cycling, running and golf.
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel (Former Chair, Technology in the Practice Committee; Member, State Laws Committee)
- American Bar Association (Sections of Real Property, Trust and Estate Law and Taxation)
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Former Chair, Board of Consultors, Real Property and Trust and Estate Law Section)
- Monmouth Bar Association